sunnuntai 8. marraskuuta 2009

Bits and pieces

This pullover has its origins at least in three individual patterns: Tuulia's The Tailored Sweater was the starting point. I wanted to knit something for myself using TTS and to put it into a real test. I wanted to knit quite a simple pullover with a little bit of twist. Then, I saw a picture of Berrocco's Eastlake. It gave me the basic layout: stockinette stitch base, an asymmetric lace pattern, simple purl stripes and a green colour. After that, I browsed through my knitting magazines and searched for a suitable lace patterns. I ended up using Deborah Newton's Rib and lace cardigan from Vogue Knitting Holiday Season 2008. The Tailored Sweater method passed my test: it made pullover knitting far more interesting and precise than before: I took the measures, knitted a swatch, tested the unfinished work constantly on me and made the modifications right away. The only problem was with the sleeve caps (which, unfortunately, is also the most critical part of the TTS method), where I had to manually adjust the increases in both sides of the armhole seam. As a result, the sleeve cap became a bit curvy, but I believe that no one notices it but me...

In spite of the nation-wide boycott against Novita, I used Novita's Luxus Wind (80% wool, 20%silk) in this. It is wery soft and knittable yarn with a tiny white silk lumps in it. But for now on, I won't buy more of Novita's yarn. At least not for a while...

Sleeves are long and straight, and perhaps a bit too wide. This is a very soft and comfy pullover, it fits well and feels right at home. Still, I can't see myself wearing this at work.
More details at Ravelry.

1 kommentti: