torstai 22. heinäkuuta 2010

Door mat

I did not realize how tired I was last Spring until the summer holiday started. The first two weeks I was either sick or otherwise unable to do anything. I did not have moods for anything. Then, after two weeks in vertical position, it all became to come back.

We visited a local outdoor craft market in Kuhmalahti, and there I saw crocheted baskets made of tricot carpet rag. And I did not buy one but decided to make one of my own. Several baskets were made, and also this door mat for our outdoor toilet in our summer house.
The original pattern is in Suuri Käsityölehti's issue of 2005. The first layer is of trellis pattern and double crochet stitches form the pattern on the net. This mat is quite heavy but ok for the purpose it was made for.

Things that have enlightened my day:
  • Weeks of hot weather
  • Forthcoming Knit Nation and our trip to London!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti