lauantai 20. helmikuuta 2010

New yarn!

This year is a great learning experiment for me as a knitter. I'll be attending many knitting events, and most of all, I'm trying to come to know many new and interesing yarns better. Before, I haven't been that interested in yarns, but now I find myself slowly becoming a yarn snob ;)
Cascade 220 is the most popular yarn in Ravelry at the moment, but I've never even seen or knitted it before. It is 100% Peruvian highland wool, a good substitute for Novita's 7 veljestä, but far more softer and knittable! And since this yarn is not superwashed, it felts. I'll use it for a good basic pullover or a cabled vest, perhaps a Bramblewood.
Together with Cascade 220, I ordered Cascade alpaca from SecretWool. This is a little shiny and incredibly soft and a perfect yarn for shawls. It seems that this skein wants to be a Wisp.
All the "true knitters" fuss about Casbah. So when I saw it I had to get it. This is so precious that I'll save it for something Special.
And last but not least, may I introduce: My new Irish love, Kerry Woollen Mills Aran! Truly rough lamb wool, perfect for cabled and hooded outdoor cardigans like Faery Ring!

Things that have enlighten my day:
  • Finnish Lions ice-hockey team in winning Germany 5-0 in Vancouver
  • First birds signing for spring
  • Bright and sunny day

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti